I have the book, but I don't think I've ever cooked anything from it.
Contrast this to the freezer bag cooking style, where all ingredients are supermarket-available, mixed at home without cooking, and rehydrated on the trail. In a quart freezer ziplock bag, thus the name. Also contrast to the style in Back-Country Kitchen, which mixes supermarket-available and home-dehydrated ingredients for rehydration or minimal cooking on the trail.
Back-Country Kitchen includes many other styles, like planked fish held down with bacon yum or cabin cooking with a can of cherries to season the venison. That will get you through most of the trail recipes in Back-Country Kitchen. Most recipes only need a tablespoon or a quarter cup, so a one cup bag will last a while. The sampler makes a nice Christmas present, too. NOLS Cookery uses a fixed set of staples with a few extras for a wide variety of meals which are combined, prepped, and cooked on the trail.
No at-home prep, just flat-out cooking on the trail. I'm not familiar with The Complete Trail Food Cookbook, though it appears to use the same approach as Lipsmackin' Backpackin', that is, cook then dehydrate. I have a pretty good collection of camping cookbooks.
You want Bradford Angier's opinion on moose muzzle? I got it. It is even tastier than bear. A cool tool can be any book, gadget, software, video, map, hardware, material, or website that is tried and true.
- J.K. Lassers Winning Financial Strategies for Women?
- Greek and Roman Artillery 399 BC-AD 363 (New Vanguard).
- State-Selected and State-to-State Ion-Molecule Reaction Dynamics. P. 2. Theory;
- Lip Smackin' Vegetarian Backpacking | Camping | Backpacking food, Backpacking, Vegetarian;
- Policy Transfer and Criminal Justice.
- Shop by category.
- Trail Chef: Backcountry Pad Thai.
All reviews on this site are written by readers who have actually used the tool and others like it. Items can be either old or new as long as they are wonderful.
- Preparing for a Vegan Backpacking Trip (with a recipe for Dehydrated Pasta Salad) | Eat. Hike. Sit..
- Perfect Clarity: A Tibetan Buddhist Anthology of Mahamudra and Dzogchen;
- Time Travel: A Writers Guide to the Real Science of Plausible Time Travel (Science Fiction Writing Series);
- Forensic Archaeology: Advances in Theory and Practice (Forensic Science).
We post things we like and ignore the rest. Suggestions for tools much better than what is recommended here are always wanted.
Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin' by Christine and Tim Conners - Idaho Adventure Sports
Delaney, meteorologist, Beltsville, Maryland. Homemade backpacking food. What's the best guidebook for homemade backpacking food? Answer by wunder. Answer by kelly. Answer by kevin kelly.
Can anyone compare these to the ones already mentioned here? Answer by jonesey.
I've mostly tried the freezer bag recipes and had really good results. My buddies who eat meat and I do an annual snow camping trip and I plan the meals from the book and they give rave reviews of the food I've made. There are sections for snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Chris, a graduate of Outward Bound, is a children's mental health therapist and psychology instructor.
She is currently working on an advanced degree in illustration.
Tim is a propulsion engineer specializing in advanced aircraft design. Convert currency. Add to Basket. Book Description Three Forks, Condition: New. New Paperback! Pristine unmarked pages, may have very slight warehouse wear, no remainder marks, still a great buy straight from warehouse, sealed in plastic, exact artwork as listed, Seller Inventory More information about this seller Contact this seller.
Never used!. Seller Inventory P Ships with Tracking Number!
Falcon Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin'
Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory n. Items related to Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin'.
- Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin'.
- The Shadow of Ararat (Oath of Empire, Book 1).
- Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin' (2nd ed.)?
- Dehydrated Pasta Salad.
- The Act in Context: The Canonical Papers of Steven C. Hayes.
Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin'. Christine Conners ; Tim Conners. Publisher: Three Forks , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:.